Oct 6, 2023

Hello Card Collectors

I love reading about baseball cards, discovering things I didn't know about them, and seeing others' collections. Blogs came and went as a bit of a fad 10-15 years, supplanted by a migration of many hobby enthusiasts to shorter form social media. A lot of interesting writers made the switch and abandoned their blogs. The upshot of this is the remaining authors tended to be providers of much more in depth coverage of their collection and the most committed to their writing projects. Many of these collectors are on the Blogger platform.


I am late to the party, having only recently set up camp here. For years I have been chronicling the growth of my own baseball card collection at CardBoredom.com. The site is finally approaching some semblance of how I originally envisioned it and it will continue to be the primary outlet for recording my hobby experience. I plan to utilize Blogger as a way to finally reach out to some of the other collectors on the service and to post the occasional recap of what I have been writing about for those that don't want to go directly to another site.

With that in mind, here is what has been happening across my card collection in recent months:

1993 Topps Finest Refractor Set Building Project: I finally found a real Greg Maddux refractor, bringing the completion progress up to 99%. Only Ivan Rodriguez and Don Mattingly remain. I wrote about my impressions of several cards, including an uncorrected error in the set the guy who went hunting for the Loch Ness Monster with Charlie Sheen. I finally posted a guide to identifying refractors. As always, I updated the quarterly Refractor Dashboard with all the latest information about how often these cards are seen.

1952 Topps Set Building Project: 12 new cards were added, as well as condition upgrades for Robin Roberts, John Antonelli, and Gus Zernial. The Zernial card isn't technically an upgrade, as it is in poor condition. The new one just has some paper loss on the back while my first copy has significant scratching across the set's most interesting photo.


Finally, I recently posted a more detailed quarterly collecting update, where you find out more about my budding Immaculate Grid obsession, see a few 1990s Jose Canseco cards, and read about an eBay purchase that never arrived.

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog, and will be checking out your website later. And despite what some might say, I don't think that you're late to the party, as blogs are still the best place to read about cards, and the people who collect them.

    ReplyDelete